Location, location, location puts this lightly populated suburban neighborhood squarely on the map.
A Staci Zampa Exclusive
Occupying the western flank of Stamford below the Merritt Parkway, bordering Greenwich, Westover is a quiet, mostly residential neighborhood with a population of about 3,000. Westover’s proximity to Greenwich, the Sound Shore coast, New York, and access to major arteries make it a very convenient location to call home base. It offers a strong suburban vibe balanced by parks and ample green space and is home to a diverse demographic of residents ranging from young professionals and new families to empty-nesters and retirees. Here are of few of Westover’s hidden (and not-so-hidden) gem.
• Westover Pizza – Offering a wide selection of equally delectable salads, sandwiches, and generously portioned hot entrees, Westover’s eponymous Pizza commands a loyal following. They cook the pepperoni and other topics underneath the cheese, harmonizing the flavors of every slice.
234 Stillwater Ave
• Roxbury Swim & Tennis Club – Offering “four seasons of fun,” Roxbury’s robust aquatics program fields swimming, diving, synchronized swimming and water polo teams, and offers swimming, diving, and water aerobics classes. Courtside, Roxbury maintains tennis and paddle tennis teams, lessons, group clinics, and social mixers for children and adults.
240 Roxbury Rd
• Mianus River State Park– Straddling the Greenwich and Stamford border, Mianus River State Park is a delightful, 400-acre urban forest. Open daily from sunrise to sunset, the park offers scenic wetlands, wooded trails, rock formations, a wildflower garden and a cave to explore. Biking, fishing, hiking, and horseback riding are all available.
Along Merribrook Lane
• Exquisite Environments – For those with a green thumb and those who need to hire one, Exquisite is your one-stop shopping destination for all of your gardening and landscaping needs, with an exhaustive selection of trees, plants, and flowers and an expert team of gardeners and landscapers to tackle any size project.
1351 Stillwater Rd
• Fort Stamford & Goodbody Garden – Take a step back in time and explore the archaeological remains of a Revolutionary War fort while enjoying the delightful sights, sounds, and smells of the flower garden.
900 Westover Rd